Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Great beards of history

We covered The Communist Manifesto, at Sunday's meeting.

Well, before the meeting, I thought, We've all seen pictures of Karl Marx, but what does Friedrich Engels look like. So I found out, on Wikipedia.

I thought, What an impressive beard.

I saved the Wikipedia page, and, at an opportune moment in Sunday's meeting (I can't remember what brought it up), I pulled out my computer, and passed it around.

That got us thinking about other great beardos.

We came up with:



Antonin Dvorak




Rutherfo
rd B. Hayes (after the 1876 elections, against Samuel J. Tilden (about which I wrote a paper -- I think, in high school), he was called Rutherfraud and His Fraudulency)
Leo Tolstoy

Brigham Young



Ali Sistani
Zoroaster




Z. Z. Top

Then we remembered Santa Claus. How could we forget?!





No comments:

Post a Comment